We are looking for an enthusiastic Network Engineer. As a Network Engineer, you are helping us with the availability and continuity of the infrastructure. The IT-services team aims to support our operational units, projects, and central staff departments of the DIVD.academy.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Continuous improvement of knowledge based on network infrastructure and hardware
- Network performance monitoring to determine if adjustments are needed
- Consult with network users about solving existing system problems
- Answer network-related questions from customers or colleagues
- Configure and test network hardware and software
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures
- You take care of the support and planning of activities.
- If necessary, you will develop new procedures to improve the quality.
- Spreading general safety awareness among your colleagues
- Actively participate in team meetings
- Help and guide new employees and interns
- You keep track of the status of all activities via ticket systems and planning and support tools.
- You will do this by phone, chat, email, remote support, and video conferencing.
Network Engineer Requirements:
- We believe that motivation is more important than knowledge and skills.
- Good understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
- LAN and WAN experience
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment
- Flexible and proactive attitude
- Affinity with processes such as ITIL is preferred. The focus is on preventing and solving incidents and on structured changes.
- Keeping a tight administration is a MUST!
Nice to have:
- A bachelor's degree in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus is a plus
- At least three years of experience in a (similar) network infrastructure related company
- Juniper certification is a plus
- Experience with MPLS is a plus
- CCNA/CCNP certified is a plus
- General infrastructure knowledge such as hypervisors and server/storage is a plus;
- Virtual machines and other similar solutions are a plus
- During a network disruption, you dive into the systems and know with the help of ping, traceroute, nslookup, and other tools to point out the problem in the configuration of a NIC, VLAN, DNS, or source/destination NAT. You will share your findings with our Network team if necessary.
As you can read, this position is very diverse and offers you various opportunities to grow your technical expertise. Due to the diversity of the group of people we support at IT-services, you have a lot of varied work, so we expect you to switch easily.
- Affinity with security
- Customer-oriented thinking
- Result and solution-oriented working
We believe that you develop best when you are doing something you enjoy and at which you are good. Depending on your knowledge and interests, we will work with you to see how we can help you further in the direction in which you would like to develop and specialize within the DIVD.academy.
What do we offer
Wherever your personal goal is to make your routine as a volunteer impactful, enjoyable, exciting, and comfortable, you can choose if you want to work remotely or from our office in the Netherlands. You'll receive a set of benefits to improve your work experience. They include a flexible schedule, multicultural environment with colleagues in the Netherlands, a vibrant and dynamic organizational culture, and free access to our online learning platform as you help build a safer internet.
If you are interested in this offer, please send us your CV and a cover letter