Lafayette Square invests to create housing, jobs, and financial inclusion.
Lafayette Square is an impact-driven, minority-owned investment platform. Founded by Damien Dwin in 2020, the Firm confronts critical societal challenges with capital and services in three core areas: housing, jobs, and financial inclusion. For more information about Lafayette Square, please visit lafayettesquare.com
**Vice President, Legal **
Reports to: Managing Director, Legal **Job Summary **
** PLEASE NOTE there are two legal jobs open -- please apply for one or both roles if your experience is appropriate ** Lafayette Square is looking to add a lawyer to its team. This person would be focused on the firm’s real estate, credit and equity investment complex, including fund-formation, compliance activities and deal work. The lawyer would report to the Managing Director, Legal. This is an opportunity to join on the ground floor of a well-capitalized asset management company. Responsibilities
- Provide initial and ongoing legal support in launching new funds and supporting existing private funds, including updating fund documentation
- Review investor communications (including due diligence questionnaires and marketing materials).
- Negotiate and monitor non-disclosure agreements, service provider agreements and other ancillary agreements.
- Assistance with drafting and implementation of internal policies and procedures.
- Manage certain service providers, including outside legal counsel and compliance consultants. Requirements
- Passion for impact investing required.
- Experience: 4-7 years (preference for experience both in a law firm’s financial services and investment management group and/or in-house at an alternative asset manager). Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience with registered investment advisers, real estate, credit and equity investment transactions.
- Strong academic credentials - Bachelor's Degree and Juris Doctor is required.
- Mature, responsible, and entrepreneurial qualities to complement the existing team.
- Clear, concise writing skills with an ability to distill complex topics.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Compensation
Competitive with market