Romulo Navarrete has a diverse work experience spanning various industries and roles. Romulo began their career in 2009 as an Official Translator for the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce. In 2010, they worked as a Marketing Intern for Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola, where they coordinated events and assisted with social media marketing campaigns.
In 2011, Romulo joined EF Education First as a Sales Intern before transitioning to The Walt Disney Company as an Operations Cast Member. Romulo then returned to EF Education First as a Sales Coordinator, where they were responsible for direct sales, social media management, marketing campaigns, and coordination with EF Schools worldwide.
In 2012, Romulo became a Senior Sales Coordinator at EF Education First, focusing on strategic product planning and training sales teams. Romulo later served as an Indirect Sales Coordinator and an Indirect Sales Manager, where they achieved significant sales growth and managed a team of representatives.
Romulo joined the International Monetary Fund in 2015 as an Information Assistant before moving to UTEC - Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología as an Innovation Product Specialist. In this role, they handled commercial activities and sales of innovation programs.
In 2015, Romulo co-founded FuckUp Nights Global, where they organized events and collaborated with suppliers and strategic partners. Romulo then joined Seedstars in 2016 as a Regional Associate LATAM, responsible for organizing the Seedstars World startup competition and focusing on technology solutions for various industries in emerging markets.
At Seedstars, Romulo held multiple roles, including Head of Operations (COO), Startups Education Program Manager, Strategy Advisor - Board Member, EIR/Mentor for Startups International Expansion, and Founder Committee of Diversity & Inclusion. Romulo is currently serving as the Head of Community, overseeing community initiatives and engagement.
Throughout their career, Romulo has demonstrated a passion for entrepreneurship, technology, and building strong communities.
Romulo Navarrete's education history includes the following:
- From 2009 to 2013, Romulo attended the University of South Florida and obtained a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Business Administration and Management, with a focus on General Management.
- In 2015, Romulo attended the Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences, where they pursued a minor in International Business. However, the specific field of study for this minor is not provided.
- From 2009 to 2015, Romulo studied at the Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola and completed a Bachelor's degree in International Business.
- In 2013, Romulo took a Sales Management and Supervision Course at ESPM Escola Superior de Propaganda e Marketing.
- In 2011, Romulo participated in the Global Intern Finalist program at EF London - International Language School, focusing on Business English.
In addition to their formal education, Romulo has obtained several certifications:
- In March 2022, Romulo earned a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate from USF Corporate Training and Professional Education.
- In 2007, Romulo obtained a First Certificate in English (FCE) from the University of Cambridge.
- In October 2014, Romulo achieved a score of 105 out of 120 in the TOEFL - iBT® examination, administered by Educational Testing Service (ETS).
- In November 2015, Romulo attended a conference titled "How to innovate? Practical learning from the country of innovation," conducted by SIT - Systematic Inventive Thinking®, where they gained valuable insights on innovation.
View in org chart
View in org chart
October, 2022 - present